Saturday, September 26, 2009

They're here!

Corrie and Amy arrived safe and sound this morning! Yippy! The passport control man did NOT want to let them in, but eventually they pursuaded him that they were NOT illegally immigrating and he let them in.
I kept them awake all day and we ended up walking down Ecclesall Road to the Botanical Gardens and then had a drink at Nonna's. It was an absolutely beautiful day for them to arrive! The drink over Snake Pass from Manchester was gorgeous. Though, on a side note, we did see a car that had driven off the road into a pond and was just sitting there with its nose in the water. No one was in it and it looked like they had just decided to leave it there.
Corrie and I made pizza while Dave and Amy played some Mario Kart. I sort of got Amy to eat vegetables on her pizza, so I feel like we're making progress!
I kept Corrie awake until 8pm when she went to bed and Amy stayed up and watched the X-Factor with us. They are sleeping soundly now.
Tomorrow we're heading down towards Warwick and Stratford. I'm really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment