Sunday, September 6, 2009

Food and Run Fun



I made whole wheat bread last week and it turned out to be the best loaf I've made yet! I like making bread, but it takes more time than I would like. I should convince Dave that we need a bread maker.


These are the first tomatoes from our garden. They were fantastic!


I also make a quiche and it turned out pretty well. It was a tomato and zuccini, but I think if I make it again I'll change it a bit.


The Great Yorkshire 10k Run was today and it went very well. I hadn't been training for it specifically, but I paced myself and finished in about 50 minutes. I'm going to check the official results tonight! This is post race in the Peace Gardens in the city center. The atmosphere at this run was really great! There were 8,000 people participating and then a load of people cheering us on. Everything was buzzing and that made it a lot of fun! There were also about 5 or 6 bands playing along the route! The music was uplifting and it was fun to see what the next band would be. All in all, fantastic!

1 comment: