Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful on Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving in England is a small affair.

Actually, it's non-existent.

Everyone goes to work as normal and no one eats turkey.

This year I'm not having Thanksgiving dinner until Sunday so that a couple of friends could come over and we could eat our way through the day, but on Thanksgiving I took pumpkin pie into the office for everyone to try. It is a hit and everyone loved it! I added some maple flavoring to the whipped cream and it was amazing!



Even though it didn't feel like Thanksgiving everyone at work tried to make it special. On Wednesday I went out with a few girls after work to celebrate birthdays and Thanksgiving. I made them a quiz all about Thanksgiving and they loved it! And then they gave me a card and a little gift to help me celebrate. How sweet is that? And then at the office on Thursday I got another card and everyone stopped by especially to say "Happy Thanksgiving".

So even though it wasn't a "normal" Thanksgiving, it was still lovely. It makes me thankful for where I am and who God has given me as friends. And I got to talk to the fam on the phone and wish Jon a happy birthday. All in all, a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment