Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lovely Rainy Saturdays

Don't get me wrong...Sunny Saturdays are much better than rainy ones, but there is something nice about a rainy Saturday. There isn't as much pressure to get up and do things and get outside because the sun might disappear. Why do a load of laundry when it won't dry inside for about 3 days? Why mop the floor when the next time you walk in from outside it will just get all gross again? You might as well catch up on some good ol' R'n'R.

Today is a perfect example:

- Got up at 9:30am which is the latest I've stayed in bed in months.
- Made whole wheat pancakes and eggs and drank 2 cups of coffee.
- The finished it off by sitting on the couch reading for 2 hours before doing this!

And the best part about it is - I don't feel guilty at all about not doing the laundry, cleaning the house, and going running! The sun hasn't made an appearance from behind the clouds yet and it is still raining quite steadily, so I am obliged to enjoy it!

I do think that the next few hours will involve an exercise video, a shower, and figuring out what to wear to a wedding reception this evening...but that is about it.

I LOVE IT!

1 comment:

  1. Why don't you have a clothes dryer? COME BACK TO AMERICA! We have them just sitting unused on street corners. Seriously.

    Also, I am glad you're enjoying your day. It sounds like my entire summer.

    Want to come to Colorado with us next week?

    ReplyDelete